Leicester Theatre Trust Limited (“LTT”, “we” or “us”), of Curve Theatre, Rutland Street, Leicester, LE1 1SB is committed to respecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal data.
For the purpose of data protection legislation in the UK, Leicester Theatre Trust Limited is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data. You may view LTT’s Data Protection Notification (registration number: Z7030010) by visiting the Information Commissioner’s Office Website.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our Data Protection Manager using the details set out at the end of this policy.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
There are various reasons that we need to collect personal data from you. We will only collect personal data when it is voluntarily submitted by you to us either by using the forms on our website or when you contact us by other means. We may collect and process the following personal data about you for the following purposes:
- Website Account – When you sign up for an account on our website, we will need your name and certain contact details so that we can identify you as an account holder. You will also be asked to create a username and password. Your account will also hold details of previous purchases or orders made by you, and any preferences that you set for your account. Where you have consented to us processing it, your website account may include details of any special access requirements which you have notified to us.
- Brochure Request – To send you a hard copy brochure or other show information on your request, we will need your name and address.
- Ordering Tickets – When you place an order for tickets to one of our shows or events, so that we can fulfil your order. You will need to provide us your name and contact details (so that we can send your tickets to you, or hold them for collection) together with your payment card details (so that we can process your payment).
- Surveys – If you choose to complete a survey that we use for research purposes we will retain the information that you provide in response to that survey (for the avoidance of any doubt all such surveys are entirely optional);
- Contact us – If you make an enquiry, in order to reply to your message we will respond to you using your name and the contact details that you provide to us such as your telephone number or email address. This information will be used to answer your questions as completely and thoroughly as possible and will not be used for any other purpose unless you have requested additional services such as to join our marketing list.
- Fault reporting – If you contact us to report a fault with our website, we will use the information provided for the purposes of rectifying that fault in accordance with our legitimate interests.
- Recruitment – Personal data provided for an employment opportunity will be processed so as to allow us to process and evaluate the merits of that application in accordance with our legitimate interests.
We may also use personal data which you provide to us, where the law allows us to do so:
- To deal with and/or respond to any enquiry or request made by you prior to entering into any contract or agreement with us or as a result of such contract or agreement;
- To ensure that content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. Our legitimate interests include:
- The promotion of LTT, Curve and our work;
- The efficient administration of our business including managing bookings and ticket sales;
- The maintenance of the goodwill and reputation of LTT;
- The provision of excellent customer service and care; and
- Providing you with the best possible customer experience.
- We may use your personal data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested such information from us or if you have purchased similar products or services from us and where you have not told us you do not wish to receive marketing communications. If you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion, or at any other time then we will only send you marketing communications if you have expressly agreed to receive them. You can unsubscribe from our marketing communications any time using the link in our communications, by updating your account preferences (if you have an account on our website) or by contacting us.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Where you expressly consent to us doing so, we may collect information from you relating to any special access requirements which you have such as whether you require captioning, a wheelchair transfer, BSL interpretation, audio description, an assistance dog, an aisle seat or a companion and whether you are a wheelchair user. This is for the purpose of providing you with any additional assistance which you may require. Other than this health related data which you expressly consent to us processing, we do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
ALLOWING YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO BE USED BY OTHERS
The information you share with us will only be disclosed to relevant employees. We will not otherwise disclose your personal data to any third party outside of LTT unless one of the following applies:
- on occasion, we need to hire other companies to help us to serve you better and in some of these cases we may need to share personal data that is necessary to perform tasks for us, such as fundraising, market research or issuing marketing materials;
- it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you, including where we need to take steps to enforce any agreements which may be entered into between us
- we are under a legal duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our organisation, our staff and others;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer as part of the sale or purchase process and disclosure is required to allow that transaction to proceed; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data that we hold about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside LTT for marketing purposes, or before we send you relevant third party information on behalf of a third party.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
The security of your personal data is of the utmost importance to us. We are committed to providing appropriate security controls to protect your personal information against foreseeable hazards.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers located [in the UK]. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.